Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thank you for the support

When I first got involved in the Pan Mass Challenge, it was for the bike ride. Then just 10 miles into the ride, on my very first day, out in the hills near Sturbridge, I started to see families sitting by the side of the road. 6 am, drinking coffee, holding signs saying "Thank you for supporting us".

I wondered why the signs said that. Then light dawned on marble head. D'oh! They were cancer survivors. They weren't there to provide support for me riding 190 miles. They were there to thank me for supporting them in their fight.

And right then and there the ride turned into a cause.

When I conduct my fundraising, when I ride the PMC, I think of all of the people who have been afflicted with cancer. All who have shared their stories with me. The father who lost his son to cancer. The woman who lost her twin.

And all of those who have fought and won.

Support the PMC and its mission by contributing at http://www.pmc.org/profile/LL0033.

Thanks!

Lee

No comments: