Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Amie's Story


(Originally written June 26, 2011)

My friend Amie has been battling cancer for six years. For the past two, I've ridden the PMC with her, and hope to ride with her again this August. On Saturday, she was at Fenway Park, with the Boston Bruins, the Stanley Cup, and the annual gathering of the PMC at Fenway. Here's a link to a short video in which she discusses her cancer, the PMC and the Dana Farber.

And here is a link to a video of Amie, her husband Greg and the rest of our PMC team riding into the Provincetown finish line at the 2010 PMC.

With your help, Amie will be able to enjoy many more PMC finishes like this one!

I committed to raising $10,000 for cancer research this year and to pedaling the 190 miles from Wellesley to Provincetown. Over the next few weeks, I will share more of last year's videos with you, so that you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the ride.

I have a fabulous support team for the ride, including my wife who has been volunteering for the PMC for many years. In fact, for every two riders, there's one volunteer -- a team of more than 2,500 volunteers who help ensure that the event is successful.

And I have built a team of financial supporters over the years, several hundred people who donate $10 or more (averaging almost $150 per person). Without this second team, the PMC would be just another weekend bike ride.

With your help, we will raise $35 million this year for cancer research, with fully 100% of all donations going to the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber. 100%!

The ride starts in 41 days. I have training and fundraising to do. I appreciate your support.

Best,

Lee

No comments: